The River Thame Conservation Trust (RTCT) are looking for a new Chief Executive with the vision, proven leadership skills and operational experience to review and update the River Thame Conservation Trust’s strategy and to be responsible for a programme to implement the strategy.
The River Thame Conservation Trust (RTCT) is a small grassroots environmental charity. We work in Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire along the full length of the River Thame and in the Upper Great Ouse. We are an important advocate for biodiversity in Oxfordshire and Buckinghamshire and together with the Freshwater Habitats Trust (FHT) we are a joint catchment host for the River Thame Catchment Partnership. The RTCT is also a member of the Rivers Trust, the umbrella organisation that represents 63 rivers trusts throughout the UK and Ireland. Our vision is that the River Thame should be a river catchment with healthy fresh waters and wildlife, valued and enjoyed by local people, resilient for the future.
Amongst other criteria, the successful candidate for the Chief Executive role will have:
• Demonstrable experience of the ability to think strategically in a range of organisational areas (e.g. planning work programmes, funding, communications).
• Experience of working in the nature conservation and environment sectors.
• An understanding of charities and the voluntary sector
• Demonstrable experience of managing programme and project delivery.
• An understanding of finance and financial reporting and past experience of fundraising, including initiating large funding bids.
• Ability to prioritise and manage workload and time, juggling requirements of a varied role with the ability to manage and oversee the many areas of the Trust’s work simultaneously.
Harris Hill Charities Recruitment Specialists operates an equal opportunity policy and commits to treating all of our candidates and jobseekers fairly. We welcome and encourage applications from everyone regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
- Organisation: River Thame Conservation Trust
- Salary: £49,000 to £59,000
- Location: Headington, Oxfordshire