The Rivers Trust is a leading environmental charity and the umbrella body of The Rivers Trust movement, comprising over 60 independent local charities. Our vision is for wild, healthy, natural rivers, valued by all. We are at a critical point in our history as we expand to deliver projects to protect and replenish this critical part of the natural environment, and our research and expertise is now needed more urgently than ever as water supply and quality move up the public agenda.
We are looking for an experienced and highly motivated HR manager to support the continued development of the organisation and its subsidiary companies throughout the UK & Ireland. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role within a thriving movement, and to make a meaningful personal contribution to environmental protection and improvement.
The successful candidate will have proven experience as an HR manager in a dynamic organisation. We are looking for a hard-working, reliable, professional, and enthusiastic individual for the role.
This is a permanent, full-time, home-based role. We offer flexibility around working hours, including the option of a 9-day fortnight - time off in lieu is also available. We offer 25 days holiday pro rata (rising to 28 days) plus statutory holiday days. We are happy to make adjustments for people with disabilities and/or caring responsibilities, and we welcome applications from all communities.
The post holder will be part of the wider Senior Management Team and will report to the Operations Director.
Key responsibilities include:
- End-to-end support to hiring managers throughout the recruitment process (including management of Applicant Tracking System).
- Develop and improve HR policies, procedures, and strategy to ensure the organisation (and its subsidiary companies) are compliant with legislation and best practice, consistent with the values of the organisation.
- Support the continuous development of key HR processes within the organisation such as personal development, training, and employee engagement.
- Manage employee relations.
- Ensuring that valuing equality, diversity, and inclusion is central to the culture and practices of the organisation.
- Compile and maintain HR records for all employees.
- Supporting the development of best practice across the wider Rivers Trust movement
The role is a grade 5 which has a starting salary of £42,845, plus benefits including 9% employer pension contribution.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK and be based in the UK.
To apply, please send your CV and detailed cover letter highlighting why you are interested in this role and how you meet the following criteria:
Essential knowledge, skills, and experience
- Previous experience as an HR manager in a similar sized or fast-growing organisation
- Good knowledge of UK employment law
- Experience of embedding equality, diversity, and inclusion within organisations
- Self-reliant and able to work from own initiative.
- Experience of working with external HR support providers
- Experience of home working and use of remote working software tools
The following are helpful and may be used to decide who to invite for interview, please include them if you have them:
- Knowledge of employment law in Ireland
- Experience of working in the charitable/not for profit sector
If you have any questions that will help you decide to apply and aren't answered on our website, please contact our Operations Director Barry Bendall and he'll get back to you.
Please note we can only accept applications made through our careers site, and not sent by email or other methods.
Closing date: Sunday 25th Feb 2024.
Applicants will be given at least one week's notice in advance of interview, and interviews are being planned for Early March 2024
- Organisation: The Rivers Trust
- Salary: £42,845
- Location: Home-based
- Closing date: 25 February 2024