We are recruiting for an exciting new role, here in the beautiful Lake District. As the West Cumbria Rivers Trust (WCRT) Office Manager you are responsible for the administrative activities that facilitate the smooth running of our office, including procurement, supplier management, assisting the Finance Manager with project financial records, insurance renewals, HR, some aspects of health and safety, travel booking, arranging training, and arranging meetings and writing minutes. You will also need to make sure the biscuit tin is always full!
You’ll ensure our office runs efficiently so that we fulfil our organisational aims, alongside assisting our wonderful team of Project Officers to manage their project finances. You’ll provide the Director and all WCRT staff with administration support.
Personal Attributes and Skills
- Highly organised and reliable, able to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- Great team-worker, able to work well with staff at all levels.
- Service-oriented, enjoys providing a vital support service to several staff.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Administration experience including minute writing, purchasing, training/travel booking and supplier management.
- Good all-round IT skills, with good knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Able to work well under own initiative.
- Full driving license and use of own car for work purposes.
- Must be prepared to occasionally work evenings and, if required (time-off-in-lieu will be given).
Desirable Skills, Knowledge, Experience
- A passion for nature conservation and an awareness of issues on rivers and lakes
For a full breakdown of the job responsibilities and personal requirements, please download the attached job description.
Learn more about the work of the Trust on the West Cumbria Rivers Trust website.
If you believe that you have the passion, commitment and skills to take this exciting opportunity forward then we would like to hear from you.
If you would like to discuss the post further, please email [email protected].
The closing Date for applications is 5pm on Friday 8th December 2023. Interviews will be held at our offices in Keswick week commencing Monday 11th December 2023.
Download application documents
WCRT Office Manager Nov 2023 job description (word, 139.427 KB)
- Organisation: West Cumbria Rivers Trust
- Salary: £29,955
- Location: Keswick
- Closing date: 8 December 2023