We would like to appoint new Trustees to expand our Board, who will work together with the CEO and Management Team to guide our organisation to achieve its vision of healthy, thriving rivers for people and wildlife in the south east of England. As our organisation grows, we are seeking candidates who will challenge, support and amplify the work that we do.
Trustees will assist the Chair in ensuring the good governance and financial sustainability of the charity; they will contribute to its strategic development, and share their specific areas of knowledge, experience and expertise to enhance all that we do.
We are particularly interested to hear from people who:
- Have significant experience and understanding of farming, and the opportunities available for landowners and environmental organisations to work together to bring positive impacts for all
- Have experience of leading and managing growth and change
- Have experience of working within the water industry in any capacity
- Have experience in any of the following areas: legal, financial, education, community engagement, HR, research, fundraising, engineering, strategic planning, marcomms and ecology
- Can broaden and deepen the diversity of thought and experience represented in our organisation. We aim to represent and reflect the diverse communities that our rivers serve
It would also be ideal if you had:
- A passion for protecting the water environment
- A track record of successfully working within or managing a senior team
- Experience in writing funding bids and a good understanding of what makes them successful
- Good knowledge of the funding streams available to an environmental charity
- Understanding of the environment of the south east of England.
- An ability to think strategically and discern how to prioritise opportunities that will ensure growth and sustainability
- Experience in developing successful corporate funding relationships
- An environmental qualification
- A flexible and growth mindset
you wish to join our team, then please apply by visiting the Trust’s website
for a full role description and application form.
There is no deadline for applications as we shall organise interviews on an ongoing basis starting interviews in June 2022. No agencies please.
If you would like to discuss the role further, please contact us on the above email, either directly with any queries or arrange a phone conversation.
- Organisation: South East Rivers Trust
- Salary: Part-time, unpaid
- Location: Home-based. Occasional meetings in our Leatherhead office.
- Closing date: 12 December 2022