We’re launching our very first, Rivers Week 2022! A weeklong series of community-run events culminating on World Rivers Day (25th September) to create awareness and appreciation of our rivers and streams by bringing together communities across the catchment.
Want to get involved? We need local groups to organise events during the week to celebrate their local water courses.
Here are some ideas for how you can get involved:
- Lead a nature walk
- Host an art exhibition fundraiser
- Teach the public how to identify wildlife (Riverflies, wading birds, wetland plants)
- Survey your waterways for signs of wildlife, like otters or water voles
- Coordinate a litter pick along your local stream
If you’re interested in hosting an event, we would love to discuss your ideas. Please contact Chelsea our Project Officer at [email protected]
- Organisation: River Thame Conservation Trust
- Date: 19 - 25 September 2022
- Time: 1:34pm