Bringing together passionate supporters of the River Thame to collectively work towards a catchment with healthy fresh waters and wildlife
About this event
The conference is our headline event for Rivers Week 2022. A weeklong series of community-run events culminating on World Rivers Day (25th September) to create awareness and appreciation of our rivers and streams by bringing together communities across the catchment.
The conference will bring together the many stakeholders and passionate supporters of the River Thame who work both professionally and voluntarily to achieve our goal of a river catchment with healthy fresh waters and wildlife, valued and enjoyed by local people.
The event is free (with suggested donations at the door) and will be split into three parts:
- Session 1: Restoration & Research (1:30 pm - 4:00 pm)
- Session 2: Community Engagement & Impact (4:00 pm - 6:00 pm)
- Networking Dinner (6:00 pm - 8:00 pm)
See the detailed event plan below. Please select which portions you will be attending when you register.
- Generate information sharing and increased awareness between the many different players working to positively impact the water environment in the Thame catchment
- Facilitate networking between professionals in the water environment sector, land managers, funders, and local community members
- Bridge gaps in communication between supporters of the River Thame that don’t regularly meet
- Organisation: River Thame Conservation Trust
- Date: 20 September 2022
- Time: 1:30pm - 8:00pm
- Location: Great Haseley Village Hall (Get Directions)