Join us on Thursday 20th July - 21st July for the Rivers Trust 2017 Fisheries Conference held at WWF’s Living Planet Centre in Woking, Surrey.The Fisheries Conference aims to provide a forum for discussion and networking for local Rivers Trust staff working in all aspects of fisheries management and fisheries science. It is a chance to showcase investigations, projects and partnership working throughout the aquatic environment. There will be two days of talks and presentations (Read full draft agenda here). Lunch will be provided on the second day and there will be a buffet provided on Thursday evening to carry out some serious networking! On day 1 you will learn about:
- Running a successful fisheries monitoring programme
- Transitional and Coastal fisheries monitoring
- Restoring a recovering salmon river
- 'Unlocking the Severn'
- Challenges in delivering weir removal projects
- The Environment Agency Fisheries Improvement Programme
And we've lined up the following talks and discussions for day 2:
- Can Atlantic Salmon eggs adapt to oxygen stress?
- Novel design, installation and assessment of coarse fish passage using Low Cost Baffle solution at a gauging station
- Your Fisheries - An Introduction
- Your Fisheries - Tamar Fisheries Plan
- Your Fisheries, BART experiences
- Angling Passport Schemes
- An open discussion on the future of fisheries delivery in the Rivers Trust movement.
We hope to see you there!Download the full agenda here or book now.