Since 2020, we’ve been working with the Coca-Cola Foundation and Coca-Cola Europacific Partners to help improve water quality, reduce flood risk, store carbon, enhance habitat and biodiversity, and improve the health and well-being of local communities – all in some of England’s most water-stressed areas.
This is part of the Coca-Cola Replenish Project, which aims to deliver significant environmental improvements by 2023:
- Replenish more than 1.6 billion litres of water (to the natural environment)
- Capture or absorb 10 tonnes of carbon per year
- Create 4 new, large urban wetlands and a further 20 settling wetlands
- Improve biodiversity and restore habitats for wildlife
- Work with farmers, landowners, and other businesses to improve their own water management
A new video provides a quick snapshot of just one of the incredible Replenish projects, which is being delivered by Northumberland Rivers Trust. In just one year, Northumberland Rivers Trust have planted 3,020 trees out of the total 9,000 target, and created 13 new wetlands . Watch now to find out more about Replenish and enjoy stunning footage kindly provided by Middleton North Estate.
Our local Trusts are delivering improvements like this across the UK and Ireland. Why not get involved with The Rivers Trust movement today and take your place in the River Revival?
Replenish 2020 — 2023
The Rivers Trust and The Coca-Cola Foundation are working together to increase understanding of freshwater environments across England and deliver critical improvements to rivers in London and Northumbria as well as an ancient fen in Kent. Collectively the projects will realise several benefits for the environment and local communities.